I leave for the big city tomorrow so I put together a few songs that get me in the mood to walk through a crowd of people, smash myself into subway stations and wait in traffic while in the back seat of a yellow taxi.
(Don’t forget… the songs listed below are links to the YouTube videos)
1. I’d Rather Dance With You- King of Convenience I think it’s the beat of this song that gets me ready to walk around the city. It is just a playful little song that screams New York for me.
2. Tonight’s The Kinda Night- Noah and The Whale This indie tune is a reminder that anything is possible and I like that part of NYC.
3. Days- The Drums Honestly, I usually like this song while I’m sitting by the pool, but it’s again got a great walking beat and I love that!
4. Fences- Phoenix This upbeat song is such a great traveling song because it gives you something to bob your head along to while you stand in all the lines.
5. This Is The Life- Two Door Cinema Club Since this trip is a vacation for me, I put this one in as just a travel song because it reminds me how lucky I am to be able to take trips like this.
6. Home- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros This one is there to remind me that just because I’m loving my travels doesn’t mean that I won’t miss my friends and family. I usually put it on while headed back home (sorry for the pun 😉 )
7. Daylight- Matt & Kim Just a great vacation song about letting your hair down and “wading through the daylight”
8. Midnight City- M83 It may seem weird but this song always reminds me of riding the subways.
9. Islands- The xx I think that I put this one in my NYC mix because the first time I heard about The XX was when I was in New York. Plus this is just a great song!
10. Some Nights- Fun. As much as I like We Are Young, Some Nights is my favorite song off Fun.’s album. It is got this amazing tribal-esk drums that play in the background the entire time. To me that’s so unique and I love the way they put a modern twist on it. Just phenomenal.