I don’t know how the weather is like there, but in Minnesota today it’s beautiful! I decided to share a playlist with you that always makes me want to go out for a drive with all the windows down. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
1. Cartel- Honestly I don’t know if it’s just me, but nothing reminds me of summer more than Cartel. I love sitting on a sidewalk with “Chroma” blasting loud.
2. Hot Hot Heat- You Owe Me An IOU Can you really listen to this song and not want to dance is your car?
3. The Kooks- Eddie’s Gun A short little song that always reminds me of a summer romance.
4. Band of Horses- Islands on the Coast The title & beat simply sum it up.
5. Jack Penate- Pull My Heart Away It might just be the bass that gets me in this song, but it’s a great song to play loud while driving down the freeway.
6. Ida Maria- I Like You So Much Better When Your Naked How do you not listen to this song and smile? It’s everything a spring should be. Fun & flirty.
7. The Strokes- Someday I may just like it for the catchy bass guitar solo in the middle of the song.
8. The Sounds- Rock N Roll When you aren’t looking for a summer romance quite yet, it’s really all about rock n roll!
9. Jay Reatard – Wounded It may sound like a weird song to put in this mix, but if you put it on as you’re out for a spring time walk it will make sense.
10. Rooney- When Did Your Heart Go Missing If you pulled up next to a car that was blasting this song, how could you not want to pull out your trusty air drums and play along?